Home Chapters Greater Chicago Chapter

Spring 2019 Meeting Recap

Thanks to all that came out for our Spring meeting and breakfast. I was extremely excited to see a lot of new faces and new members. Our chapter has grown 26% in 2019 and I don't see this growth slowing down at all. Our goal is to be not just a great resource for the FAIR community but to be a valuable forum for our members to meet and network and learn from each other.

I've included the slides from our presentations today and will be sending a link to the survey mentioned this morning.

FAIR Institute and Chicago Chapter update: The FAIR institute is continuing to grow at a great pace. The Chicago chapter has refined our goals and would like feedback from you on meeting locations, discussion topics and engagement ideas. A survey link will be sent out shortly. FAIRCON 19 is September 22-26 in Washington DC this year. This is a great conference and will be split into two tracks this year for those new to FAIR and one for more advanced users. The FAIR training and certification course is also a great resource for those new to FAIR.

Guest Speaker: Doug Hubbard: Doug gave a great presentation covering a number of topics from overcoming objections to risk quantification, to modeling uncertainty in risk analysis, calibration and the upcoming release of the second edition of his book, "The Failure of Risk Management."

Member Case Study: Leveraging Data in a FAIR Analysis: Jack Nelson from Protiviti presented an overview of a recent FAIR project where objective data was collected, interpreted and refined through calibrated estimates for use in a FAIR analysis. The lesson was that using the FAIR model helps us distill large amounts of data down into actionable inputs for a risk analysis.

Comments