Home Chapters Sydney Chapter

Building out membership

Hi All,

I am keen to start getting more boards asking their companies exec's to adopt the FAIR method to assess cyber sec. I guess over to PwC for first comment but is this something that is being actively being discussed already? Is there a forum already in place to have the likes of the Australian Board of Directors adopting the methodology? Who is pushing for the course content to get out to the educational institutions in Australia? As a Sydney Chapter I think we need to be pushing this; I wasn't sure if there was already something in play.

Comments

• Hi Sean,

Thank you for your question. The Sydney Chapter committee is actively looking for ways to raise awareness of the FAIR framework. The inaugural chapter meeting on 30th August 2018 was our best attempt at this point in time but definitely will try to improve on it. The meeting was well attended with 30+ attendee in Sydney with several joining from Melbourne via video link.

There is also a FAIR Australia LinkedIn group (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13612982) which we welcome members and non-members to join and share their experience and knowledge.

Regards,

Denny.

• So I might be a little late to the party, however I have just started to look through FAIR to get my head around including it in the next update to the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) 'Cyber for Directors' course.

Do we have any members that have some practical 'war stories' of implementation that they would be prepared to share, under NDA if needed, to help me craft up how we pitch this to Directors?